Sunday, October 30, 2011

An Apple a Day...

Tomorrow is my kindergartener's harvest party and check out these cute little apple cupcakes that she's bringing in!


I got the idea from A blog called I Heart Cuppycakes and I used her cake recipe but omitted the caramel. The caramel would have been great, I am certain, but I didn't think there's any need to add additional sugar on Halloween! Plus, not many 5 year olds appreciate the effort that goes into making caramel.

My Asian market was closed today so I opted to use m & m candies instead of black sesame seeds. The smaller m & ms would have been even better had I been able to find them.

I made a simple syrup out of brown sugar and used that for some of the icing sweetener to give it that caramel flavor.



Next time I make these for kids, I think I might have to poke a gummy worm into each one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment